Thursday 9 December 2010

out of Africa...


Lawrence, our loyal and reliable taxi driver, says 'tiwonana' for the last time.



Rach doing her "good relative / friend" impression and writing Christmas cards in Jo'burg airport during our 10 hour stop-over, I'm afraid I have not been as good...



mmm...real beer...!



happy Rachie!



Rach makes a new friend



a cold windy walk near Christchurch



good times in the pub with C,GB, J, M, AP and me!



a sunny walk near Christchurch



AP and K at the crag



me climbing


Not many words this time as I'm packing up to head up to the northern part of South Island to (hopefully) begin my adventure. Rosy and Jake have put me up in fantastic style at their lovely house, and have advised me on where to look for cars, leant me a bike to go do my stuff around town, and fed me beautiful food - thanks guys! I met up with GB and M, and C&J who are also new in town and finding their feet. AP met me off the plane (Christchurch customs were very easy to get through, in fact Rach and I had no problems all the way from Malawi).

Helen and Sandy put Rach and I up while we were transitting through Sydney for a weekend, and that base allowed us to get over jet lag, contact family and find our feet again. Both Sydney and Christchurch have been unusually cool and damp this week, but as we've mainly been pootling about sorting things out that hasn't affected us too much.

Of course, now I must let Rach blog her own updates, as we are now apart for an unprecedented 7 weeks...very strange!

Right, i must go do more packing. Will try to blog again soon.

Love to all,

Andy

PS - 2nd hand Whitewater kayaks are proving hard to come by...may have to buy new (eek!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pictures, Andy, but please no more of the 'me, climbing' type without a pre-warning, along the lines of 'This blog contains pictures of a disturbing nature to those of a nervous disposition' It's against HSE regs., on the subject of which I didn't notice a helmet - but I'll go back and have another squint at it, holding on tightly to the desk.

    ReplyDelete