Friday 28 January 2011

From sun, sea and sand to snow, steak and snot



Who is this guy?! And why does he have hair coming out his chin?


The view from the window at the back of 'our' apartment block...the UN building



The front of the apartment block (pre major snow dump)



A bit of a difference in temperature from Fiji...central park



The local neighbourhood in snow - Grand Central



NY Public Library after 14 inches of snow...story time was cancelled :(





Napoleon...in pink...with ears and polka dots!


Bryant Park where we went for a walk after storytime was cancelled


'I'm sure I parked my car somewhere round here?!'


NYC Arnott style...crampons optional!


Rachie here! I said I was going to blog....it just took me a while to get round to it. Oz and Fiji were ace (and hot) and Andy and I have now been reunited under 14 inches of snow in NYC. We both enjoyed ridiculously long days as we crossed the date line to get here.

We are spending our time nannying my 15 month old niece, May, whilst her parents work crazy american hours. She is AWESOME! Yes, I know, I'm biased....but Andy thinks so too. Infact, she seems to have decided, now she has got used to the wierd guy with hair coming out of his chin being in her flat, that infact he is much cooler than her auntie Rach and so she is currently wanting his attention whilst playing with trains and drawing, rather than mine. Well, infact, I think he enjoys the train set more than she does!!

We have spent the week going to music class (again I think I enjoyed that more than May, although she does have some mean moves on her!), playing with trains, reading books and walking in the snow. As I said, 14 inches fell the other night, with more forecast to start any moment now. After our trip downtown this morning using the 'baby rucksack', I think Andy is feeling particularly at home - its like being in the hills except the valleys are carved out between skyscrapers, the snow drifts have cars hidden beneath them and there is a baby in his rucksack!!

As can be imagined, we have been enjoying living back in a home with family. I have not seen my sister and husband for almost 2 years and so it great to be here with them (even if her works keeps her busy for most of the time). We are looking forward to enjoying all the international cuisine NYC has to offer, starting with steak tonight and sushi very soon!

Right, must dash, Queen's 'Don't stop me now' has just come on the radio...time to teach May some new moves!

No comments:

Post a Comment